The Wanderword client
A clean, intuitive, responsive and stylish user interface that incorporates complete functionality on par with leading audio-book players.
- Dynamic User Engagement Setting (DUES) for immediate change of interaction depth during a story, from rich and detailed narrative, maximum branching and interaction, to no interaction (traditional linear, non-interactive audio-book format)
· Supports all platform devices within reason, with properly scaled animated UI
· Downloads only data needed for stories as the reader purchases them
· Supports Rewind/Pause/Fast-Forward
· Client can replay earlier sections, either to rewrite reader’s history or just to explore or re-listen
· Rewinds the narrator only- music/ambiance not affected, maintains fiction of dynamic storytelling
· Speaker/Music/Sound Effects volume balances individually adjustable
· Matches user's speech to narrative path branches- blending best in class contextual recognition with content aware judgements
· Geolocation support allowing for narrative-triggered events based on reader’s actual location
· Realtime reverb/delay/echo/chorus/flanger in dozens of presets (or custom authored by the writer)- to make speech and other audio sound as if you're in a cave, auditorium, drunk, etc.
· Bookstore frontend with a preview passage, product overview, and box-art images per story
· Simple IAP transactions that mobile users are already used to on their respective store platform- no extra signups required.
The Storyteller editor
Visual scripting for full control. In-house proprietary WanderWord Markup Language (WWML) for fine control of narrative, branching, complete audio-control, sound effects placement (timing, stereo), echo and reverb effects, text-to-speech and speech-to-text.
WWML is a language designed to make it easy to focus just on what an author/designer needs, centered around the Text to Speech engine. WWML controls, contains, and utilizes:
· Designed with the writer in mind to focus on creative writing, not technology;
· Clean, “white typewriter paper” layout with Times New Roman font in the writer’s working window
· The editor allows a person to copy and paste a clean story into basic create-your-own-adventure structure in less than 10 hours
· Writer has full control of synthetic speech emotion, speed, pitch, dynamic range, timing, emphasis, contoured pitch, all relative adjustments or absolute settings
· Custom pronunciation dictionary support with phonetic markup
· Multiple speech synthetics voices working at one time
· Speech Synthetics ‘fills’- Coughs, wheezes, breathing, sighs, snores, etc.
· Easy to add additional stories through the full stack
· Supports authoring via both visual scripting and markup language
· Color coded and filtered logging for optimal debugging
· Syntax highlighting inside the writer’s own word processor working window
· Inventory management, random number generation, conditional clauses easily created for stories of any kind
· Easy markup inside writers working window to allow categorizing audio assets into music vs sound effects
· Debugging windows for viewing current substitutions, variable states, actively playing audio cues
· Editor supports nonlinear stories not only on interaction level but doesn't even need a concept of chapters or structure, nor a start/end.
· "Blocking" sound effect and other audio allow for story rhythm to be dictated by more than just the narrator's voice
· Editor allows for inclusion of pre-modified speech when 'real-time' capabilities are insufficient, in case the writer wants voice actors or particularly emotive passages
The "Wanderword" logo, software, libraries, solutions, assets, intellectual properties ®, © 2012-2018. The WanderWord Markup Language (WWML) © 2017-2018 PBJ Synthetics Corporation, a Delaware company. All Rights Reserved. Protected under USPTO granted patent 9583106.