Shape the future of interactive
Interactive audio entertainment is the Next Big Thing. Do you want to work in a bleeding edge company in a truly international environment? Look no further than Wanderword, where bright minds come together to build the next generation of audio entertainment. We have released audio games like Cursed Painting, Escape 63rd and Wallace as well as educational audio books like Tales of Sasha. We are now investing heavily in the future and are looking for a studio manager that will run our content production studio in Boden. You will be responsible for launching several high profile IPs, including games and books.
Wanderword was founded in 2018 by gaming industry veterans Peter Zetterberg and Thomas Lindgren, backed by former Bonnier Books CEO Jacob Dalborg and Peter Levin, another Swedish game industry veteran.
We are the thought leaders of voice controlled interactive audio entertainment, developing both the industry leading technology as well as the best content. We have a strong licensed portfolio of IPs, including titles from world leading book and game publishing houses. Examples of IPs are The Bard’s Tale by inXile (Microsoft), Starfinder by Paizo and books released by Harper Collins. In addition to several famous licensed IPs, we work with inhouse ideas including interactive audio books and games. We’re soon about to announce the signing of several other coveted dream IPs that will take audio gaming to a whole new level.
We are a truly international enterprise – the world is our stage. Our content production studio, Polar Night is located in hyper modern facilities in Boden Business Park, Sweden. Our management and creative teams are based in Stockholm as well as Seattle. In Boden, our content technology platform development team also resides.
Wanderword is the parent company that owns Polar Night. The studio produces hands free, heads up, interactive, voice controlled games, books and education based on own and external IPs that are released on voice assistant devices like smartphones, smart speakers, web and cars.
Your new challenge
Wanderword is currently seeking an experienced and passionate Studio Manager with a will to constantly improve the interactive audio entertainment production and the studio itself. You will be responsible for a studio of 10+ interactive audio entertainment developers consisting of writers, narrative designers, sound designers, other storytelling talent and producers.
You’ll have a flexible role at the leading edge of voice-controlled entertainment development alongside our platform team.
The successful candidate is passionate about digital product development in a truly creative industry. Experience in the game industry is a bonus. Feeling at home in an international working environment is a must.
You’ll be working closely with the Wanderword CEO, the Marketing Director and the technology platform team in the effort to establish and hold our leading position in a brand new market. You’ll take a place as a key member on the Wanderword leadership team.
The ideal candidate has strong communication and influencing skills, with well documented team management experience, as the position will require close collaboration with employees of diverse backgrounds, from different countries and regions.
Solid knowledge of the international game, music and/or podcast market is a plus. Good knowledge of agile software based production is a must.
We offer you a true entrepreneurial possibility, in a new arena with company ownership.
- People management – manage a team of 10+ developers and producers
- Entertainment development on time and to the right quality
- Project development and constant improvement
- Give input to the platform development strategy
- Work closely with data analysts to understand customer behaviours
- Bring insights and improvement in the management team
- Bring a creative vision – challenge when needed – share and learn
- Launch the best interactive audio entertainment the world has ever heard
- A minimum of 2 years in a studio manager type of role
- Several years experience of entertainment production with agile and modern processes
- Proven leadership skills to create strong relationships, while being a strong team player
- Excellent English communication and presentation skills
- Behaves like an entrepreneur – focused on delivering results with high standards
- Self-management skills and self-starter
- Passion for gaming and creative entertainment
- Experience from global enterprise environment
- University degree
If you are interested in applying or learning more about this position, please contact our recruitment partner OMAA, in English or Swedish: Mollie@omaa.se
Are you ready for the adventure of your lifetime?