Interactive Audio entertainment is the next big thing. Do you want to work with bleeding edge technology and interactive audio entertainment marketing in a truly international environment? Look no further than Wanderword. We are seeking a Marketing Director to drive user acquisition ensuring rapid adoption of our interactive games, books, stories and a brand new interactive audio engine as well as our community platform.
Wanderword was founded in 2018 by gaming industry veterans Peter Zetterberg (Xbox executive) and Thomas Lindgren, backed by Jacob Dalborg, the former Bonnier Books CEO and Peter Levin, another Swedish game industry veteran. Wanderword is the market leader in interactive audio
entertainment with a combination of its patent based audio engine and its studio, developing content based on its own IPs, such as Cursed Painting, Escape 63rd, Mathcaster, to mention a few and a number of licensed IP from world leading publishing houses/IP owners within interactive audio
games and interactive audio books, like The Bard’s Tale from inXile or Starfinder from Paizo. Soon we will reveal that we have signed dream IPs that will take gaming with audio to a whole new level.
We are a truly international company and the world is our market. Our development studio, Polar Night Studio and the audio engine Fabula team is based in Boden, Sweden. Our creative and business development is centered in Stockholm, Sweden as well as Seattle, USA.
You are welcome to work with us in Stockholm or Boden to start with.
Wanderword has three operational areas, each with its own entity (Poptale, Fabula & the Polar Night Studio). The enabling technology powering our interactive audio is Fabula, our studio developing content is Polar Night Studio and Poptale is the distribution platform where users can experience
diverse interactive audio content of different genres.
Your new challenge
Wanderword is currently seeking an experienced and passionate Marketing Director to establish Wanderword as the market leader in interactive audio entertainment. You will be responsible for user-acquisition strategy and implementation. Our market is global, you will bring international
players to discover our amazing interactive audio entertainment, our interactive audio engine Fabula and interactive audio community Poptale.
You will be at the leading edge of voice controlled entertainment development with a great team in a very flexible role.
We are looking for a data-driven enthusiast who will test user-acquisition hypotheses and pivot to scale-up successful approaches.
The successful candidate is passionate about marketing and has digital marketing savvy. You may have experience within computer games. You should enjoy working in an international environment.
The marketing director will oversee the winning execution of all our marketing actions, social channels, partnerships and campaigns for our entertainments, Audio Engine and Community.
The ideal candidate has strong communication & influencing skills as the position will require close collaboration with employees located in different countries and with diverse nationalities.
A good knowledge of the international game-, music or Pod market environment is a must have.
- Drive the marketing strategy – identifying media choices and executing user acquisition campaigns
- Develop & approve marketing plan & actions for entertainment releases
- (B2C), Audio engine
- (B2B) and Community (B2X)
- Execute PR campaigns
- Ensure development of our social channels (followers, relevance, engagement)
- Identify influencers and activate.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization), ASO (App Store Optimization)
- People management – manage a team of a marketing specialist and a community manager.
- Establish the community strategy
- Manage the marketing budget with an emphasis on ROI, establishing KPI and measuring and optimizing for success.
- Work closely with data analyst to optimize marketing based on data.
- Bring a creative vision, challenge when needed, share & learn.
- A minimum of 5 years in operational marketing
- Experienced in running and executing user-acquisition campaigns.
- Proven leadership skills to create strong relationships, while being a strong team player.
- Excellent English communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to articulate a vision, strategy or idea clearly.
- Behaves like an owner – focused on delivering results with high standards.
- Self-management skills and self-starter.
- Passion for gaming.
- Experience in a global company environment.
- University degree
If you are interested in applying or learning more about this position, please contact our recruitment partner OMAA, in English or Swedish: Mollie@omaa.se
Are you ready for the adventure of your lifetime?