Interactive Audio entertainment is the next big thing. Do you want to work with bleeding edge technology in a truly international environment? Look no further than Wanderword. We are seeking a CFO 50% .
Wanderword was founded in 2018 by gaming industry veterans Peter Zetterberg (Xbox executive) and Thomas Lindgren, backed by Jacob Dalborg, the former Bonnier Books CEO and Peter Levin, another Swedish game industry veteran. Wanderword is the market leader in interactive audio entertainment with a combination of its patent based audio engine and its studio, developing content based on its own IPs, such as Cursed Painting, Escape 63rd, Mathcaster, to mention a few and a number of licensed IP from world leading publishing houses/IP owners within interactive audio games and interactive audio books, like The Bard’s Tale from inXile or Starfinder from Paizo. Soon we will reveal that we have signed dream IPs that will take gaming with audio to a whole new level.
We are a truly international company and the world is our market. Our development studio, Polar Night Studio and the audio engine Fabula team is based in Boden, Sweden. Our creative and business development is centered in Stockholm, Sweden as well as Seattle, USA.
You are welcome to work with us in Stockholm or Boden to start with.
Wanderword has three operational areas, each with its own entity (Poptale, Fabula & the Polar Night Studio). The enabling technology powering our interactive audio is Fabula, our studio developing content is Polar Night Studio and Poptale is the distribution platform where users can experience
diverse interactive audio content of different genres.
Your new challenge
Wanderword is currently seeking a part time CFO (50% to start with). You will be responsible for managing the Finance department of Wanderword. You decide how the 50% is applied during the week. You will be at the leading edge of voice controlled entertainment development with a great team in a very flexible role. You are part of the Wanderword Management team.
The successful candidate is passionate about Finance and its impact in early stage companies. You should enjoy working in an international environment and understand Software as a Service (SaaS) business model.
You work closely with the CEO, Marketing Director, Business analyst and the Producers and take on the full responsibility of the present and future reporting of company finances and compliance.
The ideal candidate has strong communication & influencing skills as the position will require close collaboration with employees located in different countries and with diverse nationalities.
A good knowledge of the international game-, music, entertainment, audiobook or Pod market environment is a plus.
- Monthly reporting of results and forecasts as well as liquidity predictions
- Optimizing of finance and cost control and expense processes
- Optimize payment streams and solutions
- Compliance with bookkeeping and tax rules and regulations
- Manage and develop bookkeeping vendor
- Creating, follow up on budget/forecast
- Take on company development projects
- Plan for the rapid growth of the company and how that influences the finance department
- A minimum of 3 years as Finance manager in an international environment
- Excellent English communication and presentation skills
- University degree
- Ability to articulate and present clearly
- Behaves like an owner – focused on delivering results with high standards
- Self-management skills and self-starter
- You see diversity as a competitive advantage
- Passion for gaming
- Previous experience of SaaS business models
If you are interested in applying or learning more about this position, please contact our recruitment partner OMAA, in English or Swedish: Mollie@omaa.se
Are you ready for the adventure of your lifetime?